Re: PostgreSQL Qs

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Qs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 21:19, Jon Earle wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2003, Oliver Elphick wrote:
>
> > I assume he is using Debian stable, which has 7.2.1 (and will have for
> > evermore, dammit!, until the next stable release.)
>
> Yes, that's what I'm using (v7.2.1-2woody2).  Is it worth upgrading?

Yes.  The release managers will allow only security bugs to be fixed in
the stable release.  If you upgrade, you get non-security bugs fixed,
plus all the new features of 7.3.

The downside is that there is a somewhat greater risk of packaging bugs,
and of bugs introduced by 7.3, but 7.3 itself has been out for some
months now.

If you have real data, be sure to have good dumps before you start
upgrading, then let the package attempt an automatic upgrade.

     "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give
      place unto wrath. For it is written, Vengeance is
      mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine
      enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink;
      for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his
      head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with
      good."      Romans 12:19-21