Re: Performance issues with compaq server

От Denis Gasparin
Тема Re: Performance issues with compaq server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The Compaq servers you indicated use the smart array controller which is
very very slow in storing data into hard disks. Are you using the RAID?

I suggest you to buy a controller with a larger write cache (the smart
array controller does not have w-cache)... You should note a large
performance progress...

Also do not forget to set fsync to false and to use the COPY command
whenever is possible...

Bye!
--
Doct. Eng. Denis Gasparin: denis@edistar.com

Il mer, 2002-05-08 alle 00:40, Samuel J. Sutjiono ha scritto:
> I tried to load data using insert statement to our new database server (Compaq DL580, DL590, DL380 using SCSI driver)
butit was very very slow.  The database runs on Red Hat Linux 7.2 and PostgreSQL version 7.1.3

От: John Gray
Сообщение: Re: Performance issues with compaq server
От: Denis Gasparin
Сообщение: Psql 7.2.1 Regress tests failed on RedHat 7.3