Re: Accents for TEXT

От tony
Тема Re: Accents for TEXT
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 12:50, Elisabeth Julg wrote:

> I have try to compile just with --enable-multibyte
> (without --enable-locale). But I can't start postmaster (cause LC_LOCALE).
>
> With --enable-multibyte without --enable-locale,
> With a database encoded ISO8859-1 (or ISO8859-9) and url
> ...?charset=ISO8859-1 (or ISO8859-9), I have always the same problem (with
> the old database or new).
> If LC_LOCALE (and co). are positionned at fr_FR@euro or not, the result is
> the same : accents are transfomed in '?' character.
> Note : It works well with VARCHAR, but not with TEXT field. For Windows
> system, I have no problem, but in production I need use Mandrake 8.1.
>
> Variables LC_LOCALE (and co) are importants ?

Have you tried the rpms? I haven't tried compiling since the excellent
people on this list who make rpms included java and multibyte.

So I just rpm -Uvh postgresql*

And it works. I am having problems with ' in queries wich look for
"l'art" etc. But accents work just fine in java, psql, perl you name it
they work!

> Sincères salutations,

How formal... sur les listes cordialement c'est mieux!

> (PS: Je serai en congès demain et la semaine prochaine).

Il y en a qui ont de la chance...

Cheers

Tony

--