RE: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Libpq support to connect to standby server as priority
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Alvaro Herrera from 2ndQuadrant [mailto:alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org]
> Testing protocol version 2 is difficult!  Almost every single test fails
> because of error messages being reported differently; and streaming
> replication (incl. pg_basebackup) doesn't work at all because it's not
> possible to establish replication connections.  Manual inspection shows
> it behaves correctly.

Yeah, the code path for protocol v2 is sometimes annoying.  I wish v2 support will be dropped soon.  I know there was a
discussionon it, but I didn't track the conclusion.

> Remaining patchset attached (per my count it's v13 of your patchset.

I'm afraid those weren't attached.

> think we should merge one half of it with each of the other two patches
> where the changes are introduced (0003 and 0004).  I'm not convinced
> that we need 0004-0006 to be separate commits.

It was hard to review those separate patches, so I think it's better to merge those.  OTOH, I can understand
Haribabu-san'sidea that the community may not accept the latter patches, e.g. accept only 0001-0005.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa