Re: Question and suggestion about application binary compatibility policy

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: Question and suggestion about application binary compatibility policy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> Sorry I fail to understand what you mean with "legal"? Are you wondering
> about license restrictions? There are none.

Sorry, I just meant "correct" or "valid".

> As for compatibility, that's what major version numbers are for. This is
> not a PostgreSQL topic, but a general system one as for instance the same
> holds for libc.

Yes, but Windows users probably don't understand or know it.  So, I suggested explicitly describing the application
binarycompatibility policy in the PostgreSQL manual.  What do you think about it?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa