Re: Implementing Replication via pgAdmin

От Daniel B. Thurman
Тема Re: Implementing Replication via pgAdmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Thanks Dave.

But I am having some trouble trying to get replication to work.

Here is what I did:

1) On master server:  a) I registered: lib/slevent.dll  b) I register as a service: slon -regservice  c) slon
-listengines    2 engine(s) registered for service 'Slony-I'     Engine 1: E:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\slon.conf    Engine 2: E:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\master.conf  d) Started the slon
servicevia manage->services

2) On Slave Server  a) I registered: lib/slevent.dll  b) I register as a service: slon -regservice  c) slon
-listengines    2 engine(s) registered for service 'Slony-I'     Engine 1: E:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\slon.conf    Engine 2: E:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\slave.conf  d) Started the slon
servicevia manage->services

3) Launched: pgAdmin3 (v1.6.2)  a) Created Master Server Connection  b) Selected database: MyTest  c) Right-clicked
Replicationobject, selected from menu: New slony-I Cluster ...  d) Join existsing cluster: [unchecked]     Server:
<Master-Server-Name>[Greyed out]     Database: MyTest [Entered data]     Cluster Name: <Master-HostName>-Master-Cluster
[entereddata]     Local Node: 1,  Value: "Master Node" [entered data]     Admin Node: 99, Value: "pgAdmin Node"
[entereddata]     Comment: <empty> [no data entered]  d) Clicked OK and Completed structure shows:     <Master
Hostname>-Master-Cluster      Nodes (2)         Master Node           Paths (0)           listens (0)         pgAdmin
Node          Paths (1)             Master Node           listens (1)             Master Node (Master Node)
ReplicationSets (0)
   At this point, I tried to add a slave node but was unable to:   a) I tried (on Master server) connection:     1)
Right-clickedReplication object, selected from menu: New slony-I Cluster ...     2) Join existing cluster: [checked]
   Server: Master-Server-Name [no change]        Database: MyTest [no change]        Cluster-name: <Master-Server-Name>
      Local Node: 2, Value: "Slave Node" [entered data]        Admin node: "99 - pgAdmin Node" [no change]
Comment:<empty> [no data entered]     3) Clicked OK and...        "An error has occurred:         ERROR: schema
"_<Master-Host-Server>-Master-Cluster"already exists        "
     So, perhaps I should not have added a join here, in the master server connection,     so I clicked CANCEL
   b) Then I tried (on Slave Server) connection:     1) Right-clicked Replication object, selected from menu: New
slony-ICluster ...     2) Join existing cluster: [checked]        Server: <Slave-Server-Name> [Initially was Greyed
out,but active after a delay]        Database: MyTest [unchanged]        Cluster Name: <empty> [dropdown shows empty
Comment:<empty>
     At this point, it makes no sense to enter any fields after 'Cluster Name' since     the 'Cluster Name' must have a
valueand 'OK' remains greyed out.
   So I am at loss to go any further...
   Any advice?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.