why the DB file size does not reduce when 'delete' the data in DB?

От Jaruwan Laongmal
Тема why the DB file size does not reduce when 'delete' the data in DB?
Дата
Re: why the DB file size does not reduce when 'delete' the data in DB?  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I had deleted a very large number of records out of my SQL table in order to
decrease the harddisk space.  But after I use command 'ls -l
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/', it is found that the size of concerning files
do not reduce due to the effect of 'delete' SQL command.  What should I do
if I would like to decrease the harddisk space?

I am looking forward to your response.  Thank you very much for any help.
-
Jaruwan