Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/3/24 17:35, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, May  3, 2024 at 05:29:34PM -0700, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>  From here:
>>
>> https://www.enterprisedb.com/
>>
>> #1 IN POSTGRES
>> THE MOST ADMIRED, DESIRED, & USED DATABASE.
>>
>> is not helpful.
>>
>> Though I would say the bigger issue is here:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/
>>
>> Where you have
>>
>> Packages and Installers
>>
>> and then further down
>>
>> 3rd party distributions
>>
>> It tends to imply that the 'Packages and Installers' are not third party,
>> when they are to some degree or another.
>
> I think it is that way because we don't have any guarantees or regular
> communication with "3rd party distributions".

I would say it is not clear enough that Core is responsible for the
source releases, anything above that is some other groups
responsibility. This becomes apparent when you have to tell people that
fixing packaging issues requires reaching out to said groups through
means that are not entirely clear.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?
Сообщение: Re: How to Build Postgres in a Portable / Relocatable fashion?