Re: Solved? Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction

От Andrew - Supernews
Тема Re: Solved? Re: 8.2.4 signal 11 with large transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2007-07-20, Bill Moran <wmoran@collaborativefusion.com> wrote:
> It just occurred to me that there's another wildcard in this one.
> The 8.1 system I tested was on FreeBSD 5.5, while both 8.2 systems
> were running on FreeBSD 6.2.  I wonder if FreeBSD has changed
> which signal gets sent on memory exhaustion?

Neither 5.x nor 6.x send any sort of signal simply because maxdsize was
reached; the only effect of reaching maxdsize is that further memory
allocations fail.

I'd guess that the most likely cause for a sig11 under those circumstances
is a stack overflow resulting from recursive errors...

--
Andrew, Supernews

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Foreign key constraint question
От: "Hiroshi Saito"
Сообщение: Re: psql-odbc configure error