Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)

От Harald Fuchs
Тема Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Дата
Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)  (Martin Marques <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar>)
Список pgsql-general
In article <20031009061602.GB8513@zf.jcu.cz>,
Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> writes:

>   BTW,  MySQL versions  without transactions  are unusable  for 365/7/24
>   systems, because you  cannot make backup of DB  without transaction or
>   redo log.

Huh?  People have backed up their MyISAM tables with "mysqlhotcopy" or
something like that for ages.  This tool locks all tables and can take
a significant amount of time for large databases.  Since many people
don't want that, they just create a small replication slave used
exclusively for backup.

От: Harald Fuchs
Сообщение: Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)