Re: What O/S or hardware feature would be useful for databases?

От PFC
Тема Re: What O/S or hardware feature would be useful for databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Seems CPU makers currently have more transistors than they know what to
> do with, so they're adding cores and doing a lot of boring stuff like
> SSE2, SSE3, SSE4, etc.

    SSE(n) isn't useless since it speeds up stuff like video encoding by,
say, a few times.

    For databases, I'd say scatter/gather IO, especially asynchronous
out-of-order read with a list of blocks to read passed to the OS.

От: PFC
Сообщение: Re: INSERT ... RETURNING in v8.2
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Using the power of the GPU