Re: Null vs. Empty String in Postgres 8.3.8

От Tim Landscheidt
Тема Re: Null vs. Empty String in Postgres 8.3.8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I still don't get it.  I do want a zero for the subversion_flags to be stored in the table.  But it returned an
errorbecause it didn't like subversion_flags='' in the UPDATE SQL statement.

>>> subversion_flags | integer       | not null default 0

>> Right. '' is not 0.  the old version of pgsql converted '' to 0 for
>> you, incorrectly.  Now if you want 0 you need to say 0.

> Or, since you have the default, set it to null.... (Which may be what
> you thought you where doing?)

Setting it to NULL does not set it to the default value. You
have to use the keyword DEFAULT for that.

Tim

От: "Andrus"
Сообщение: Re: How to fix set-valued function called in context that cannot accept a set in earlier versions
От: Gerhard Heift
Сообщение: Temporal data storage