Re: PostrgeSQL vs oracle doing 1 million sqrts am I doing it wrong?

От James Cloos
Тема Re: PostrgeSQL vs oracle doing 1 million sqrts am I doing it wrong?
Дата
Re: PostrgeSQL vs oracle doing 1 million sqrts am I doing it wrong?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

ST> That said, the documentation here says FLOAT4 is an alias for REAL,
ST> so it's somewhat nonintuitive for FLOAT4 to be so much slower than
ST> FLOAT8, which is an alias for DOUBLE PRECISION.

There are some versions of glibc where doing certain math on double is
faster than doing it on float, depending on how things are compiled.

Maybe this is one of them?

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6

От: Nicolas Barbier
Сообщение: Re: Minmax indexes
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)