Re: user defined variables

От Moritz Sinn
Тема Re: user defined variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:

> On 24 May 2002, Moritz Sinn wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > isn't it possible to define own environment vars?
> >

> Did I miss something?
>
> I'd answer with:
>
>     Errrrr.......yeeeeees.
>
> Except I've got this distinct feeling I must have missed something.
>
> What is it you're trying to achieve other than setting environment variables
> which is shell specific?

well, i mean i want to make a value available under a certain name, for
the whole db session.
i want to do something like "UID=4545323667424;" and then be able to say
"SELECT * FROM USER WHERE uid=UID;"

But SET only accepts predefined environment variables.

thanks,

 moritz

--
#define FALSE   0               /* This is the naked Truth */
#define TRUE    1               /* and this is the Light */