Re: Production Backup and Recovery

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Production Backup and Recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"P. Dwayne Miller" <dmiller@espgroup.net> writes:

> Is it documented somewhere how to do on-line backups and then how to
> recover from some event using those backups with no (or minimum) loss of
> data?

Right now there is no PIT recovery.  All you can do is run pg_dump
whenever you want to make a backup.  This  will take a consistent
snapshot of the database and write it out as SQL code that will
recreate the database..

There has been talk of using the new WAL (write-ahead log) feature to
enable point-in-time recovery, but it is not currently implemented.

-Doug
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,

От: "P. Dwayne Miller"
Сообщение: Production Backup and Recovery
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: tab