Re: Changing ids conflicting with serial values?

От Douglas McNaught
Тема Re: Changing ids conflicting with serial values?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steven Brown <swbrown@ucsd.edu> writes:

> I'm granting access to insert/update/delete rows of a table to people,
> but I don't want all future inserts to fail if they decided to change
> an id (which they obviously shouldn't, but they /can/).  It makes for
> a fragile system.

If it shouldn't happen, you should enforce that with a trigger.  Easy
enough to do.

But giving access to an SQL prompt to people who don't know why you
shouldn't change a PK ID scares me.  :)

-Doug

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Changing ids conflicting with serial values?
От: Tony Caduto
Сообщение: Built in function question