Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and 'float8'

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and 'float8'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
[Charset iso-2022-jp unsupported, skipping...]
>:-{

   IMHO  a  value  floating  around should be kept NUMERIC or in   it's string representation until it's finally clear
where it   is dropped (int2/4/8, float4/8, numeric or return to client).

   This surely has an impact on performance,  but  from  my  PoV   beeing   correct   has   a  higher  priority.   If
you want   performance, buy well sized hardware depending on application   and  workload.  If  you  want  reliability,
choosethe right   software.

   Don't force it, use a bigger hammer!

Jan
   BTW: I still intend to redo the NUMERIC type somewhere in the   future. Just haven't found the time though.

От: Chris Bitmead
Сообщение: psql problem
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and 'float8'