Re: [HACKERS] regress.sh

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] regress.sh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck) writes:
> >     Is it required that variables local in regress.sh have  upper
> >     case? If so, why?
>
> Nope, you just plain broke it.  The only use of the script's $1
> parameter is *above* where you inserted portname=$1 (the test to
> see if on windows).

    Uhhhh - and there where times where I wrote awk scripts who's
    output got piped  into  'groff  -p'  to  produce  statistical
    reports  with  graphics  -  hurts  to  see  that  I'm no real
    programmer anymore :-(

> The $1 in the awk script is awk's own meaning of $1.  Since it is
> inside single quotes, the shell doesn't substitute for it.
>
> I strongly suggest patching this before 6.5 ...

    No comment other that "sorry".

Jan

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] regress.sh
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres 6.5 beta2 and beta3 problem