Re: [HACKERS] LIMITS

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] LIMITS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> >
> > Chris Bitmead <chris.bitmead@bigfoot.com> writes:
> > > getTypes(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:  nodeRead:
> > > Bad type 0
> > > '.
> >
> > Did you do a full recompile and initdb?
>
> I did a full compile,  but I didn't do an initdb. I was upgrading from a
> 6.5 beta of about a month ago to the latest CVS. Should it be necessary?

    I think we shouldn't call anything BETA until it is released.
    The current CVS tree has ALPHA state.

    Until the official release (when  Marc  rolls  the  tarball),
    development  can  cause all kind of changes, including schema
    changes   to   system    catalogs,    print    strings    for
    parsetrees/plans  etc.  Those  changes  require an initdb run
    because the db files aren't binary compatible any more or the
    corresponding node read functions aren't able to get back the
    right trees from the  string  representations  found  in  the
    catalogs.

    Until  Marc  officially  releases  BETA,  you  should allways
    compile clean and run initdb after cvs updates. It's not  the
    first time you've got trapped by this.

Jan

От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Outer joins
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [SQL] Column name's length