Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows

От Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this address)
Тема Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows
Дата
Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Re: Beyond the 1600 columns limit on windows  (merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz))
Список pgsql-general
I'm doing a PhD in data mining and I need more than 1600 columns. I got an error message saying that I can not use more than 1600 columns.

It is happening because I have to change categorical values to binary creating new columns. Do you know if oracle can handle it?

 --
Evandro M Leite Jr.
PhD Student & Software developer

On 11/8/05, Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> wrote:
Evandro's mailing lists (Please, don't send personal messages to this
address) schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to have more than 1600 columns on
> windows without recompiling postgres.

I would like to know who on earth needs 1600 columns and even beyond?
Hint: you can have practically unlimited rows in your n:m table :-)

              http://archives.postgresql.org

--
Evandro M Leite Jr
PhD Student & Software developer
University of Southampton, UK
Personal website: http://evandro.org
Academic website: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~evandro
Please, use Jr(at)evandro.org for personal messages

От: MaXX
Сообщение: Re: Perl::DBI and interval syntax [side question]
От: "Greg Sabino Mullane"
Сообщение: Re: Perl::DBI and interval syntax