Re: Set appropriate processing mode for auxiliary processes.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Set appropriate processing mode for auxiliary processes.
Дата
Re: Set appropriate processing mode for auxiliary processes.
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/05/2024 16:12, Xing Guo wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> After several refactoring iterations, auxiliary processes are no
> longer initialized from the bootstrapper. I think using the
> InitProcessing mode for initializing auxiliary processes is more
> appropriate.

At first I was sure this was introduced by my refactorings in v17, but
in fact it's been like this forever. I agree that InitProcessing makes
much more sense. The ProcessingMode variable is initialized to
InitProcessing, so I think we can simply remove that line from
AuxiliaryProcessMainCommon(). There are existing
"SetProcessingMode(InitProcessing)" calls in other Main functions too
(AutoVacLauncherMain, BackgroundWorkerMain, etc.), and I think those can
also be removed.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: request for database identifier in the startup packet
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes