Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/02/2021 18:29, Tom Lane wrote:
>> On 2021-Feb-03, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I have a vague recollection that JDBC users still like to use
>>> protocol 2 for some reason --- is that out of date?
>
>> [ yes, since 2016 ]
>
> Then let's kill it dead, server and libpq both.

Ok, works for me. I'll prepare a larger patch to do that.

Since we're on a removal-spree, it'd also be nice to get rid of the
"fast-path" function call interface, PQfn(). However, libpq is using it
internally in the lo_*() functions, so if we remove it from the server,
lo_*() will stop working with old libpq versions. It would be good to
change those functions now to use PQexecParams() instead, so that we
could remove the fast-path server support in the future.

- Heikki

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Removing support for COPY FROM STDIN in protocol version 2
От: Asif Rehman
Сообщение: Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used