Re: create table explicitly mention that unique|primary key constraint will create an

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: create table explicitly mention that unique|primary key constraint will create an
Дата
Re: create table explicitly mention that unique|primary key constraint will create an
Список pgsql-docs
On 27.11.23 03:30, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> True; I don't find it documented that all objects in pg_class share a
> namespace and that constraints are implemented by indexes of the same
> name.  But I think that the first part is a property of schemas and had
> better be documented there.

It is documented prominently on the CREATE INDEX reference page.  We
could document it in more places, of course.  I find the specific change
proposal for ddl.sgml a bit weird, though, because this is a very
introductory section, and you are referring people to pg_class (what is
that?!?) for details.  If we want to put something there, it should
respect the order in which that chapter introduces concepts.

The changes on create_table.sgml seem ok.  Although I had actually
expected that the system applies the find-a-unique-name routine rather
than taking the constraint name for the index name unaltered.

Perhaps taking the create_table.sgml changes and combination with the
existing text on CREATE INDEX is sufficient.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Creating the scripts and compiling the C files containing user-defined functions and types.
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: create table explicitly mention that unique|primary key constraint will create an