Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12

От Pavel Křehula
Тема Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
use correct locale identifier, in your case it should be:
create collation "case_insensitive" (provider=icu, locale="en-US-u-ks-level2", deterministic = false);

See http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr35/tr35-collation.html#Setting_Options
for available options.

--
Pavel

Dne 09.10.2019 0:51:52, "Igal Sapir" <igal@lucee.org> napsal:

I am trying to test a simple case insensitive comparison.  Most likely the collation that I chose is wrong, but I'm not sure how to choose the correct one (for English/US?).  Here is my snippet:

create collation case_insensitive(
    provider=icu, locale='en-US-x-icu', deterministic=false
);
select 'Abc' = 'abc' collate case_insensitive;

I expected true but am getting false.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Igal

От: Guy Burgess
Сообщение: Transition tables for column-specific UPDATE triggers
От: Wim Bertels
Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Comparison with Postgres 12