Re: [HACKERS] Perl library (was Building Postgres)

От Brian E Gallew
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Perl library (was Building Postgres)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Then <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> spoke up and said:

> > It may be swimming upstream in the RPM culture, but it should work
> > and work reliably.  *Not* doing the expected configuration on the
> > target machine will be swimming upstream in the Perl culture, and
> > I'll wager that the undertow is a lot more dangerous in that case.
>
> Yup. I'll probably end up trying to package all of the source code
> into the binary rpms, with an install script. But I think my first cut
> will try to force the generated files into the correct place. I've got
> lots of other interfaces to handle, and want to get the rpms out as a
> beta trial asap.

Wouldn't it be better to create a CPAN package and distribute it from
*there*?  I realize that this method has the problem that package
updates and PostgreSQL updates could become desynchronized, but I
think this would address the issue adequately.

| JAVA must have been developed in the wilds of West Virginia.      |
| After all, why else would it support only single inheritance??    |
| Finger geek@cmu.edu for my public key.                            |

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Mess
От: Brian E Gallew
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] acl problem in NetBSD/m68k