Re: Performace Optimization for Dummies

От Carlo Stonebanks
Тема Re: Performace Optimization for Dummies
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Did you think about putting the whole data into PostgreSQL using COPY in
> a nearly unprocessed manner, index it properly, and then use SQL and
> stored functions to transform the data inside the database to the
> desired result?

This is actually what we are doing. The slowness is on the row-by-row
transformation. Every row reqauires that all the inserts and updates of the
pvious row be committed - that's why we have problems figuring out how to
use this using SQL set logic.

Carlo

От: "Carlo Stonebanks"
Сообщение: Re: Performace Optimization for Dummies
От: "Carlo Stonebanks"
Сообщение: Re: Performace Optimization for Dummies