Re: How to ensure column names are double quoted while using execute format when building a stored procedure?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to ensure column names are double quoted while using execute format when building a stored procedure?
Дата
Ответ на Re: How to ensure column names are double quoted while using execute format when building a stored procedure?  (Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: How to ensure column names are double quoted while using execute format when building a stored procedure?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 12/16/21 13:11, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> When I used SQL identifier, it stopped working.  The command line gets
> interpreted as following:
>
> insert into stats select "1" as id, 'count of nulls in
> "UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER"' as checks,
> count("""UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER""") from
> points_of_interest."pointx_v2_National_Coverage_Sep21" where
> """UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER""" is null

"""UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER""" is a tip off that your are quoting the
double quotes when passing the identifier name into the format:

select format('select * from %I', '"UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER"');
                    format
  select * from """UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER"""

instead of doing as shown here
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/functions-string.html#FUNCTIONS-STRING-FORMAT),
which is pass in just a string with no double quotes:

select format('select * from %I', 'UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER');
                  format
  select * from "UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER"

This:

'count of nulls in "UNIQUE_REFERENCE_NUMBER"'

is just plain incorrect syntax.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: Packages, inner subprograms, and parameterizable anonymous blocks for PL/pgSQL
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: How to ensure column names are double quoted while using execute format when building a stored procedure?