Re: Disk corruption detection

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: Disk corruption detection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Florian Weimer" <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote

> Anyway, how would be the chances for PostgreSQL to detect such a
> corruption on a heap or index data file?  It's typically hard to
> detect this at the application level, so I don't expect wonders.  I'm
> just curious if using PostgreSQL would have helped to catch this
> sooner.

PostgreSQL will only detect these corruption when it uses that heap or index
page. So a safe way to is to dump/restore your database if you suspect there
is some inconsistency happened.

Regards,
Qingqing

От: "Qingqing Zhou"
Сообщение: Re: Insert into partition table hangs
От: "Qingqing Zhou"
Сообщение: Re: Ever increasing OIDs - gonna run out soon?