Re: add operator ^= to mean not equal (like != and <>)

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: add operator ^= to mean not equal (like != and <>)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/08/21 8:27 pm, 孙诗浩(思才) wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am doding some jobs in postgres. I want to add "^=" like "!=" and "<>".

One problem is that '^' & '^=' is already used as the exclusive OR
operator in programming languages such as: C, Java, JavaScript, and
Python.  See:

    https://www.tutorialspoint.com/java/java_basic_operators.htm

    https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/c_operators.htm

    https://docs.python.org/3/library/operator.html

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Guide/Expressions_and_Operators

Please don't confuse people unnecessarily!

Cheers,
Gavin

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
От: Michael Banck
Сообщение: Re: add operator ^= to mean not equal (like != and <>)