Re: Postgresql performance in production environment

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 19/08/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> No need to match. If you have 150 relations, 200 is a reasonable value.
> But once you get the proper output from the vacuum command, it tells you
> that as well (74 in my example above)

Found it! You get those words if you do a generic "vacuum verbose",
not a specific "vacuum verbose MYTABLE". In hindsight, the conf
variable is for the entire database, so it makes sense to do a generic
one!

Here is my output:

[----------
INFO:  free space map contains 76059 pages in 32 relations
DETAIL:  A total of 136688 page slots are in use (including overhead).
136688 page slots are required to track all free space.
Current limits are:  150000 page slots, 200 relations, using 893 kB.
VACUUM
Time: 202065.807 ms
----------]

Now, will this value of "136688" keep incrementing, or will autovacuum
keep it in check? I have increased my max_fsm_pages to 150,000 as you
can see.

Thanks for the "Monitoring Stats" link. Looks like pgsql is a bit more
involved. I was looking for information that would allow me to set my
"max_connections" well. The command you gave only shows currently
active users, not the historic peak of connections for instance. I'll
keep digging tha manual but would love any nudges in the right
direction, thanks!

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
От: "Phoenix Kiula"
Сообщение: Re: posgres tunning