Re: Postgresql performance in production environment

От Phoenix Kiula
Тема Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 19/08/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Phoenix Kiula wrote:

> There are ways to do this, but if you can't just use timeouts to expire
> from the cache, things can become pretty complicated pretty fast. But
> perhaps you can isolate some kinds of queries that can be cached for <n>
> minutes, and keep the rest without caching?

Thanks. In fact we need caching on a very specific part of our
application, for only three queries which hit the DB hard with
thousands of simultaneous SELECTs.

Do pgmemcache or pgbouncer allow for very specific usage? Both look
way too complex. I don't mind the initial headachy setup and config,
but then I would like the system to hum on its own, and the querying
should be simple and intuitive.

I need a simple mechanism to query the cache, and invalidate a
specific query in the cache when the underlying table is UPDATED so
that the query gets cached afresh when issued later. (And a way to use
this mechanism through PHP or Perl would be splendid).

TIA for any tips!

От: "Phoenix Kiula"
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance in production environment
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql performance in production environment