Re: Incorrect handling of OOM in WAL replay leading to data loss

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Incorrect handling of OOM in WAL replay leading to data loss
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2023-08-01 at 16:14 +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> Probably I'm missing something, but if memory allocation is required
> during WAL replay and it fails, wouldn't it be a better solution to
> log the error and terminate the DBMS immediately?

We need to differentiate between:

1. No valid record exists and it must be the end of WAL; LOG and start
up.

2. A valid record exists and we are unable to process it (e.g. due to
OOM); PANIC.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

От: Ranier Vilela
Сообщение: Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.