Re: pg_connect takes 3.0 seconds

От Dmitri Girski
Тема Re: pg_connect takes 3.0 seconds
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Tom,

The timing is around 3.0 seconds
Time=3.0037
Time=3.4038
Time=3.0038
Time=3.004
Time=3.2037
Time=3.0039
Time=3.0034
Time=3.2039
Time=3.0044
Time=3.8044
Time=3.2034

I don't think that it could relate to DNS problem as I tried 2 methods which does not use name resolution ( hosts file & ip address)
I will definitely seek the help from network geeks and I will check all TCP stack settings.

Thank you!

Cheers,
Dmitri.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Dmitri Girski <mitek17@gmail.com> writes:
> I am running a PostgreSQL server 8.3.5 with a pretty much standard config.

> The web application server which runs Apache 1.3/PHP2.9  has an intermittent
> problem:
> pg_connect takes exactly 3.0 seconds. The usual connection time is 0.0045.
> The long request happens at approximate rate 1:100.

Sounds a lot like a dropped-packets problem.  The exact timing would be
explained if that is the retransmit timeout in your client-side TCP
stack.  If that's what it is, you need some network engineers, not us
database geeks ...

@Gmail

От: Dmitri Girski
Сообщение: Re: pg_connect takes 3.0 seconds
От: Dmitri Girski
Сообщение: Re: pg_connect takes 3.0 seconds