Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with MicrosoftVisual C++ 2015?

От Yury Zhuravlev
Тема Re: Building PostgreSQL 9.6devel sources with MicrosoftVisual C++ 2015?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Paquier wrote:
> How long do you think it would take for MS 1820 to be fixed and out?
Maybe never.

> wouldn't personally mind telling to people trying to compile with 1800
> that we cannot support it because it is buggy. That's one less wart to
> have forever in the code.
For the user, this is a bad response. In addition, many of the new features
msvc, due to which the user must use it.
Also, I think the current code looks like a hack. It's okay if we for some
time to add one more hack. But as I wrote above, I will try to find a
better solution.
While I was not going to back down: CMake+MSVC2015

Thanks.

--
Yury Zhuravlev
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Rajeev Bhatta
Сообщение: Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: long transfer time for binary data