Re: Question about attention to pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Question about attention to pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-general

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/Rm7WBtZZpYL1NWuunuN_16EY0JcyejqV22z_JlUfvD5FYPenGDd_ZGUddwAcMNi2KNSyvqAhBRzj2JxtJoNmWAzykBQU4Z1AzBp0GPs8wZQ=@protonmail.com

> I was wondering if anyone can or will pay some active attention to it?
> i.e. what can I do from here to raise the message there to the attention
> of more people involved with pgsql-hackers, in order to get one or more
> active email replies in response to what I have posed/asked?

It is a long, winding e-mail, suggesting an extension for "high precision arithmetic support".
It is written in a way so that at least I cannot right away understand what this is supposed
to be, or how it does anything that "numeric" doesn't.

At the end of your e-mail, it turns out that you are looking for someone to implement this
not very well specified extension for you, for free.

I am not surprised that you got no response.  You'll have to write that extension yourself
or hire someone to do it for you (but then you should come up with a better specification).

Yours,
Laurenz Albe