Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 28.02.22 00:17, Jeff Davis wrote:
>> I also have in mind here that there has been discussion of giving
>> libpq a feature to refuse, on the client side, to send cleartext
>> passwords.
> I am generally in favor of that idea, but I'm not sure that will
> completely resolve the issue. For instance, should it also refuse MD5?

Presumably that feature could be more generally "refuse these
authentication mechanisms" rather than only one hardcoded one.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Support for grabbing multiple consecutive values with nextval()
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Support custom authentication methods using hooks