Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

От bbadour@golden.net (Bob Badour)
Тема Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
DCorbit@connx.com ("Dann Corbit") wrote in message
news:<D90A5A6C612A39408103E6ECDD77B829408BE9@voyager.corporate.connx.com>...
> [...]

Dann, you are showing your ignorance. While Dr. Codd recently died, if
you think he wrote a third database manifesto, you have definitely
gone off the deep end yourself.

> You don't just throw away a trillion
> dollars worth of effort and tools to make things mathematically
> orthogonal.

Again, you are showing your ignorance. Nobody has ever suggested
anything even remotely resembling the above.

> However, on some things he is clearly right.  For instance, null values
> are evil.

Dr. Codd believed we need two NULLs. You ascribe correctness to the
one thing I think he clearly got wrong.

> Programmers understand it

That's an absurd assertion.

> Therefore, his idea of using default values instead and never using null
> is a good one.

That is not his idea.

> If SQL vendors would follow the ANSI/ISO standard to the letter, and
> implement the latest iteration, that would solve all of the problems
> that SQL tool users have to face.

Upon what do you base this ridiculous opinion?

От: Michael Brusser
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl reload - is it safe?
От: "Srikanth Pentakota"
Сообщение: Request for Info.