Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Performance degradation of REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Based on the investigation and (lack of) progress so far, I'll revert
part of the COPY FREEZE improvements shortly. I'll keep the initial
7db0cd2145 changes, tweaking heap_multi_insert, and remove most of
39b66a91bd (except for the heap_xlog_multi_insert bit).

This should address the small 5% regression in refresh matview. I have
no other ideas how to fix that, short of adding a user-level option to
REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW command so that the users can opt out/in.

Attached is the revert patch - I'll get it committed in the next day or
two, once the tests complete (running with CCA so it takes time).

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: O_DIRECT on macOS