RE: Back Slash \ issue

От Guntry Vinod
Тема RE: Back Slash \ issue
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Looping Nikhil and Shiva who are from Mainframe, DB2.

Nikhil/Shiva I am trying explain the problem to the team but there few questions which needs your intervention.

Regards,
Vinod

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 9:47 PM
To: Guntry Vinod <GV00619735@TechMahindra.com>; Ravi Krishna <ravikrishna@mail.com>; Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com>
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; Venkatamurali Krishna Gottuparthi <VG00114307@TechMahindra.com>; Biswa Ranjan Dash
<BD00617837@TechMahindra.com>
Subject: Re: Back Slash \ issue

On 5/3/19 9:05 AM, Guntry Vinod wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Here we go. I will give the problem in more detail
>
> Step 1:We get the dump from DB2 and this dump is flat file which can
> be csv,txt Step2:There is table in PostGre where we are suppose  to
> upload the dump Step3:We are using copy command to upload dump to the
> table using (COPY <<TableName>> from 'C:\Data_Dump\ABC.txt' DELIMITER
> '|';  )

Should have been in my previous post. The answer to whether Step 1 is text or CSV is important as that determines the
wayyou use the COPY command above. As has been pointed out upstream using COPY assuming text(as you are doing above) on
aCSV file will create issues.

> Step 4:In the above step we are using delimiter because the data is
> separated (:) in the flat which we have received from the flat file
>
> Problem Statement:We are able to upload the data from the flat file which we got from the DB2 but few data the data
consistof  " \".For example if the CustomerName is Vinod\G in the flat file ,we expect the same data in PostGre  table
forCustomerName as Vinod\G but we see VinodG(slash is missed).

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech
Mahindrapolicy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html
<http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html>externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html
<http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html>internally within TechMahindra.