Re: segmentation fault when cassert enabled

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: segmentation fault when cassert enabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-11-05 17:29, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:
> My best bet so far is that logicalrep_relmap_invalidate_cb is not called after
> the DDL on the subscriber so the relmap cache is not invalidated. So we end up
> with slot->tts_tupleDescriptor->natts superior than rel->remoterel->natts in
> slot_store_cstrings, leading to the overflow on attrmap and the sigsev.

It looks like something like that is happening.  But it shouldn't.
Different table schemas on publisher and subscriber are well supported,
so this must be an edge case of some kind.  Please continue investigating.

> By the way, I noticed attrmap is declared as AttrNumber * in struct
> LogicalRepRelMapEntry, AttrNumber being typedef'd as an int16. However, attrmap
> is allocated based on sizeof(int) in logicalrep_rel_open:
>
>    entry->attrmap = palloc(desc->natts * sizeof(int));
>
> It doesn't look like a major problem, it just allocates more memory than
> needed.

Right.  I have committed a fix for this.

От: "曾文旌(义从)"
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: TAP tests aren't using the magic words for Windows file access