Re: pgsql: Refactor libpq state machine for negotiating encryption

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pgsql: Refactor libpq state machine for negotiating encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 08.04.24 03:25, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Refactor libpq state machine for negotiating encryption
>
> This fixes the few corner cases noted in commit 705843d294, as shown
> by the changes in the test.

Either this or something nearby appears to have broken the error
reporting from psql or libpq when failing to get an SSL connection:

PG16:

psql 'sslmode=require host=localhost'
psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 65432
failed: server does not support SSL, but SSL was required

master:

psql 'sslmode=require host=localhost'
psql: error: connection to server at "localhost" (::1), port 65432 failed:

(sic, the output ends after the colon).

This commit removed that detail error message string from the code, but
I don't see any similar message that would take its place.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: pgsql: Add pg_logging_init() calls missing in commit ba3e6e2bca
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Doc: fix minor oversight in ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES ref page.