Re: Frontend error logging style

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Frontend error logging style
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29.03.22 16:24, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think I would want the program name/location also in front of the
> detail and hint lines.  I need to think about this a bit more.  This
> shouldn't hold up this patch; it would be a quick localized change.

After experiencing this for a bit now, I propose to make this change.
It lines up better and allows easier filtering of messages by program.

Example:

Before:

initdb: error: locale "zh_HK.Big5HKSCS" requires unsupported encoding "BIG5"
detail: Encoding "BIG5" is not allowed as a server-side encoding.
hint: Rerun initdb with a different locale selection.

After:

initdb: error: locale "zh_HK.Big5HKSCS" requires unsupported encoding "BIG5"
initdb: detail: Encoding "BIG5" is not allowed as a server-side encoding.
initdb: hint: Rerun initdb with a different locale selection.
Вложения

От: "kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Multi-Master Logical Replication
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: create_help.pl treats as replaceable