Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] replace GrantObjectType with ObjectType  (Rushabh Lathia <rushabh.lathia@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/12/17 22:18, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I'm generally supportive of this, but I'm not entirely thrilled with how
> this ends up conflating TABLEs and RELATIONs.  From the GRANT
> perspective, there's no distinction, and that was clear from the
> language used and how things were handled, but the OBJECT enum has that
> distinction.  This change just makes VIEWs be OBJECT_TABLE even though
> they actually aren't tables and there even is an OBJECT_VIEW value.
> This commit may be able to grok that and manage it properly, but later
> hackers might miss that.
>
> I would also suggest that the naming be consistent with the other bits
> of the GRANT system (eg: ACL_ALL_RIGHTS_NAMESPACE would be changed to
> ACL_ALL_RIGHTS_SCHEMA, to match OBJECT_SCHEMA).

OK, here is a bigger patch set that addresses these issues.  I have
added OBJECT_RELATION to reflect the difference between TABLE and
RELATION.  I have also renamed NAMESPACE to SCHEMA.  And then I got rid
of AclObjectKind as well, because it's just another enum for the same thing.

This is now a bit bigger, so I'll put it in the commit fest for detailed
review.

Вложения

От: Everaldo Canuto
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
От: Geoff Winkless
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit