Re: Maximum number of connections

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Maximum number of connections
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> we have just started using Postgres and now I'm receiving an error
>
> Backend start-up failed: FATAL:  Sorry, too many clients already
>
> when trying to connec to our Postgres server through JDBC.
>
> How can I increase the number of possible clients (at this point there
> where 10 connections) without recompiling Postgres???
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Cheers
> Thomas

Never mind, I found the answer. The only thing that puzzles me. The
documentation says the default is 32, but at the time I received the
error messages there were only about 10-12 clients connected. Is it
possible that the default isn't 32?

I have set the number to 64 now. As far as I can tell the only
"drawback" when increasing this number, is that more memory is needed.
Any other disadvantages?

Cheers
Thomas

От: Teodor Sigaev
Сообщение: Re: Unusual behaviour with intarray
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Active Directory