Re: Clone database using rsync?

От matt@byrney.com
Тема Re: Clone database using rsync?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Copying the data folder should work as long as you stop the postgres
service on the production server before starting the copy and don't start
it up again until the copy finishes.  pg_dump and pg_restore (look them up
in the online docs) will get the job done without you having to take the
production server offline.

If you go with the folder copy and your installation has postgresql.conf,
pg_hba.conf and so on in your data folder, you'll probably want to edit
them after the copy - more logging, different security etc.

Matt

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Clone database using rsync?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Clone database using rsync?