Re: Continual Postgres headaches...

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Continual Postgres headaches...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Dec 6, 2007 2:22 PM, Weber, Geoffrey M. <Geoffrey.Weber@mcleodusa.com> wrote:
> In my efforts to correct these consistency in execution problems, I have
> gone from vacuuming (with analyze) twice a day to every 30 minutes (how long
> it takes a vacuum analyze to run - another seeming problem because it
> shouldn't take so long?).  I've done a VACUUM FULL and that sometimes helps,
> but obviously is not a long-term solution for a true OLTP system.  Why I
> said "sometimes helps": earlier this week I did a VACUUM FULL, VACUUM
> ANALYZE on the entire schema. A query that was supposed to use the 25MB
> index above (that matched the parameters of the partial index exactly) was
> still not doing so.  I had to DROP and re-CREATE the index (and do another
> ANALYZE) to get the database to (correctly) use the index.

you may want to consider using autovacuum.  vacuum full is usually not
recommended. maybe you could post some explain analyze of some queries
that are giving you problems?

merlin

От: "John Wells"
Сообщение: Re: Recovering data via raw table and field separators
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Recovering data via raw table and field separators