Re: psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes
Дата
Re: psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes  (Alastair McKinley <a.mckinley@analyticsengines.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 5/29/22 13:11, Alastair McKinley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I notice this change in behaviour with psql in 15beta1 when testing an existing codebase.
>
> I didn't see any mention of this change in the release notes and it surprised me.
>
> Using this test function:
>
>      create or replace function test_notice() returns void as
>      $$
>      begin
>          raise notice 'hello';
>          perform pg_sleep(10);
>      end; $$ language plpgsql;
>
> In psql 15beta1, the "hello" message only appears on the console when the transaction completes.

I am not seeing that.

Can you provide more information about how you are running test_notice()?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Alastair McKinley
Сообщение: psql 15beta1 does not print notices on the console until transaction completes
От: Shaheed Haque
Сообщение: Is it possible to index "deep" into a JSONB column?