Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27.12.23 02:04, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I did_not_  change the user API, so CREATE/ALTER ROLE still uses
> [ENCRYPTED] PASSWORD, the GUC is still called password_encryption, and
> the libpq function is still called PQencryptPasswordConn().  This makes
> the user interface confusing since the API uses "encryption" but the
> text calls it "hashing".  Is there support for renaming the API to use
> "hash" and keeping "encrypt" for backward compatiblity.

Yeah, this is clearly confusing.  I think we should just leave it alone.
  Some gentle rewording here and there to clarify things might be
appropriate (but the text already uses hashing on some occasions), but
the blanket replacement does not make things better, I think.

От: Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Сообщение: Assorted typo fixes
От: Melanie Plageman
Сообщение: Add LSN <-> time conversion functionality