Re: Expected accuracy of planner statistics

От Arturo Perez
Тема Re: Expected accuracy of planner statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <20060929010011.GQ34238@nasby.net>,
 jim@nasby.net ("Jim C. Nasby") wrote:

> The problem is that you can't actually get
> a good n_distinct estimate if you're sampling less than a very large
> chunk of the table. Since our sampling maxes out at something like 30k
> pages, at some point the n_distinct estimates just degrade. :(

Can the DBA just set n_distinct?  Sometimes s/he just knows what the
value should be.

Then, of course, the questions becomes how to keep vacuum et al from
messing it up.

-arturo

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on Vista RC1
От: Jorge Godoy
Сообщение: Re: Expected accuracy of planner statistics