Re: patch: version_stamp.pl: Add Git commit info to version if 'git' is specified

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: patch: version_stamp.pl: Add Git commit info to version if 'git' is specified
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Salesforce did something similar in their internal build, and TBH I do
> not find it a good idea.  The basic problem is it's completely
> misleading to equate the last commit with the source you actually built
> from, because that might not have been an unmodified file set.

Indeed. What I've done in an svn-based project is to build the stamp from
the Makefile basically when linking, that is really as late as possible.
The other good point is that svnversion adds 'M' for modified if the
source tree has uncommitted changes.

Maybe such an approach could be used with git to have something reliable.

--
Fabien.

От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] Compile fails on AIX 6.1